Mosquito Trap-N-Kill® Refills (Bundle of 5)
Each Refill Box contains 3 refills, that's enough to refill 3 traps or one trap 3 times. This is a bundle of 5 Refill Boxes.
The SpringStar Mosquito Trap-N-Kill® products can be used as part of an effective mosquito control program against the type of mosquitoes that can carry diseases such as dengue, chikungunya, West Nile virus, and yellow fever.
Made in USA.
*Packaging style may vary from posted image.
Female mosquitoes recognize this as a site to lay their eggs. Mosquitoes entering the trap will be killed or die shortly thereafter. Mosquitoes breed in standing water found outdoors in containers, pots, planters, gutters, tires, tree-holes, and low-laying areas regularly for best results. Traps should be placed in shaded areas out of reach of children and pets. Space traps 25 feet apart. Do not use on tables intended for serving food.
- Check water level weekly, fill to the bottom of the drain hole as necessary.
- Replace the pesticide tab and velour strip every 10 weeks.
- We recommend 4-6 traps per small lot and up to 30 traps per acre outside of inhabited buildings.
Don't worry if you don't see dead mosquitoes in the trap. The mosquitoes die within minutes of exposure to the pesticide, and many die after they've left the trap. When replacing the pesticide tab and velour strip, check the velour strip for eggs. Mosquito eggs are black, oval shaped, and about the size of poppy seeds. Not every trap may contain eggs or mosquitoes every time you check it. If you see larvae (wrigglers) moving, replace the pesticide tab. The trap is working as long as you have water in the trap, the velour strip is in place, and the pesticide tab is replaced at least every 10 weeks or sooner if live larvae (wrigglers) are seen.
FAQ & TroubleshootingDoes the trap work in the rain?
Yes! TNK is designed to work in the rain.
What if there's a drought?
TNK works as long as there's enough water inside the jar, the velour strip is in place, and the pesticide tab is up-to-date. Check water levels weekly and refill the trap to the bottom of the drain hole as necessary.
What if TNK is knocked over?
If the pesticide tab is missing, replace it. Refill TNK with water, and use a new zip tie to attach the trap to a stable object like a fence post.
What if the TNK cup or lid breaks?
TNK won't work if it's empty, so replace traps if they no longer hold water. The TNK lid is designed to create a concentrated pesticide vapor cloud, so broken lids may not function properly. Replace traps if the lid breaks.
How do I dispose of the trap and pesticide tab?
If larvae is moving, add four or five drops of dish soap to kill them. Dispose of treated water either in a sink or toilet. To dispose of the trap and pesticide tab, wrap them up in newspaper and put in trash or offer for recycling if available.
Want to learn more about our mosquito products? Check out our Mosquito Science page mosquitoscience.net.
- Open canister and take out packet containing pesticide strip, red velour landing strip, and black zip nylon cable tie. Open the enclosed packet and take out pesticide strip. Staple pesticide strip to the inside top rim of the canister.
- Place red velour landing strip inside the canister so the strip reaches from the bottom of the canister up and over the rim of the canister.
- Bend the red velour strip over the top edge. Thread zip tie through one side hole and up through the hole in the top of the lid.
- Screw lid on to the canister making sure to secure red velour strip in place.
- Slide zip tie around lid and tighten to itself to secure lid.
- Fill canister with water up to the side hole level.
- Place canister on ground or up to 3 feet above the ground in an area away from children and pets.
We Also Recommend